When I was 19 I moved to Kenya and lived with the Maasai tribe on and off for 5 years. I witnessed a clitordectomy firsthand and saw that part of a woman’s power comes from her right to pleasure. Still unsure and afraid of my own power, I dedicated myself to practicing Attachment Parenting – with my 5 children – as I had learnt from the Maasai women. Through touching, paying attention and listening to my children I discovered that I lacked intimacy with myself.
So, at the age of 34, I began my journey towards sexual discovery and empowerment. Stumbling upon Betty Dodson’s book Sex For One, I knew that I had found my calling and trained under Betty to become a certified Bodysex facilitator and Orgasm Coach for Women. In addition to this training I am also a Sexologist, Professional Counsellor specializing in Sex and Intimacy and a Facilitator for Our Whole Lives Adult Sexuality Education.
Now, at 38, I believe that our primary sexual relationship is with ourselves and it is the base from which all other relationships can grow. Through my Bodysex Workshops and Orgasm Coaching – I provide a safe, non judgemental space for women to shed their physical and emotional masks, learn about and accept their bodies, develop intimacy with self, and embrace their pleasure.
- Betty Dodson Certified Bodysex Facilitator and Orgasm Coach for Women
- Diploma in Applied Psychology and Counselling
- Certificate of Applied Counselling Studies in Sex & Intimacy Counselling and Life Coaching
- Saskatoon Sexual Assault Centre Crisis Line Volunteer
- Our Whole Lives: Adult Sexuality Education Facilitation Training
- Sexual Wellness Educator Positive Passions Boutique
- Certified leader and group facilitator for Attachment Parenting International