At the age of 19 I moved to Kenya and lived with the Maasai tribe on and off for 5 years. I witnessed a clitordectomy firsthand and saw that part of a woman’s power comes from her right to pleasure. Still unsure and afraid of my own power, I dedicated myself to practicing Attachment Parenting – with my 5 children – as I had learnt from the Maasai women. Through touching, paying attention and listening to my children I discovered that I lacked intimacy with myself.
So, at the age of 34, I began my journey towards sexual discovery and empowerment. Stumbling upon Betty Dodson’s book Sex For One, I knew that I had found my calling and trained under Betty to become a certified Bodysex facilitator and Orgasm Coach for Women. In addition to this training I am also a sex and intimacy counsellor, trained facilitator for Our Whole Lives Adult Sexuality Education, trauma informed practitioner, and am currently in training as a Numa Somatic’s Breath work facilitator.
Today at 44, I believe that our primary sexual relationship is with ourselves and it is the base from which all other relationships can grow. Through my individual counselling sessions, workshops, retreats, orgasm and intimacy coaching – I provide a safe, non judgemental container for clients to shed their physical and emotional masks, learn about and accept their bodies, develop intimacy with self, and embrace their pleasure.
- Betty Dodson Certified Bodysex Facilitator and Orgasm Coach for Women
- Diploma in Applied Psychology and Counselling
- Certificate of Applied Counselling Studies in Sex & Intimacy Counselling and Life Coaching
- Saskatoon Sexual Assault Centre Crisis Line Volunteer
- Our Whole Lives: Adult Sexuality Education Facilitation Training
- Sexual Wellness Educator Positive Passions Boutique
- Certified leader and group facilitator for Attachment Parenting International