Body Awakening for Individuals
“It really did feel like I was melting from a block of ice” – Body awakening client
Through my work as an Orgasm/Intimacy Coach/Counsellor and Bodysex Facilitator, a common question I’m asked is “what is pleasure and what does it feel like?” Some people aren’t sure they’ve ever felt pleasure and others understand what orgasm and release feel like, but are so focused on reaching a goal, that they don’t notice the subtle, nuanced sensations of pleasure. Pleasure is felt and experienced when we are relaxed enough to be present and aware of our senses. It can be easier to feel when movement is slow and soft, so that our body has to be engaged enough to feel it. Subtlety creates awareness. Kind of like when someone is talking quietly to you and you have to turn your ear and focus on listening to what they’re saying in order to hear. Pleasure isn’t something that happens to us, it’s something that we have to be safe, open, present and aware enough to feel. To feel, requires relaxation — something that many of us, in this fast paced and over stimulated world, find difficult. We are often either shut down or focused on the goal of orgasming or performing in some way, that we miss the pleasure.
Through helping clients learn to explore and feel pleasure, I’ve witnessed and felt them visibly “land” deeper into their body and experience a body/soul awakening from being IN pleasure. Body awakening is an experience of subtle and mindful touch of as much of your body as you feel comfortable with. Our skin is our largest organ and often under utilized for pleasure. Soft, slow, present touch, without goal or expectation of anything more, awakens nerve endings in the skin allowing you to feel more deeply with your whole body. Through feeling and allowing this touch, pleasure can move to all areas of your body — as if tiny lights are turning on under your skin with the brush of a finger.
In order to awaken your body to feeling, its necessary to feel safe and relaxed without pressure to endure what doesn’t feel pleasurable, or perform. This requires both a felt understanding of what you are okay with, and not, as well as a relaxed nervous system. Taking away goals can eliminate the feeling of needing to perform for both the person touching and the person feeling. This type of touch has no end goal and, while it is not intentionally arousing, it can be and often is. Touch in this way can also bring up emotions, feelings of love, sadness, grief, tears. Learning to breathe through sensations that come up, can help you stay IN pleasure and widen your capacity for future pleasure experiences.
“The breathing is so, so important. Not just for staying in pleasure but I notice myself doing it at work when I feel stressed or when someone’s around me that has bad energy. It’s crazy what I can handle when I breathe” – Body awakening client
Who is Body Awakening for:
• People wanting to enhance their self pleasure or pleasure with a partner
• People with a lack of desire or interest for sex/pleasure
• Anyone who wonders what pleasure is or feels like, and how it differs from orgasm
• Men who have difficulty with sustaining erections or “feeling” pleasure. Who feel trapped in just wanting to stay hard and get it done.
• Men who have issues with premature ejaculation.
• Anyone feeling that there must be more than what they’re feeling in their sex life
• People wanting to awaken nerve endings so that more pleasure is available to them
• People wanting to learn to edge orgasm
• People wanting to practice being mindful and present when receiving rather than trying to achieve a result or goal. This is more difficult than it sounds and benefits are many. Capacity for pleasure increases so that you can feel more and go to greater heights in pleasure. Subtle touch and sensations can become exquisite.
• Gained understanding into what full relaxation/“landing” in your body feels like vs. feeling anxious/numb/out of body. Help to identify and practice what can be done to support relaxation so this can be recreated with intimate partners.
• People who struggle with feeling pleasure or enjoying sexual intimacy.
“All I have is wow. Best choice I’ve made in my life!! So many people stay in the dark instead of reaching out. Plus I’m not embarrassed. Confidence is building as well.” – Body Awakening client
What would a session look like?
• Body Awakening requires a minimum of 3, 1.5 hr sessions. Chances are you may want more, and that’s okay, but 3 is the minimum. The first session we practice exploring how to feel what “yes” or “no” feel like in your body and how to express those feelings, before any touch begins. Boundaries around where you are comfortable being touched will be established ahead of time and this is open to being changed during the session. You might have felt “yes” to something that later feels like a “no.” This is perfectly normal and welcome. Only once this is all figured out, will I begin touching you. You will be as nude as you feel comfortable with and I will touch as much of your body as you feel comfortable with in a slow progression. This can include your face, hands, legs, lips, arms, genitals etc. Throughout the sessions I will be supporting you to use your breath to stay present in your body and in the sensations. This will also help the sensations/pleasure move and not be restricted. The more sessions you do, the greater capacity for pleasure you’ll have.
** It’s important to note that I will be seeing you fully or at least partially nude. (That’s up to you, but the less clothes the better). I am perfectly comfortable with your nude body and acknowledge the vulnerability it takes to allow yourself to be seen. I hold this in reverence.
** There is no guaranteed amount of time this can take as each person’s individual trauma, life experiences and comfort with allowing and receiving touch will be unique. In clients where being touched is a trigger (ptsd or trauma) it may take a few sessions to get to the point where you feel safe enough for me to begin touching you. Even then we may begin with just a few inches of skin and slowly expand to more areas, as long as you are able to stay present in your body and the feeling. For some people, they will feel relaxed enough to be touched in the first session. Readiness for touch will be defined through a combination of you learning the felt sense of your full yes and no, being able to express it to me, and my own attunement with your nervous system. If you don’t feel safe enough to allow and receive, I will feel it.
What do I need from you before we can begin?
Before sessions can begin, I will need some information from you to help me understand what your intentions are in seeking this out, and how to best support you with any resistances that could potentially come up.
Can I learn to do this with my partner?
Yes you can take this learning into practice with partners and others in your life. I also offer sessions to couples teaching them how to do this with each other. View the couples page here.
How can I book Body Awakening sessions?
If you’re interested in booking, please email me and answer the following questions.
What makes you interested in body awakening?
Is there anything that you think might get in the way of your ability to relax and receive touch? History of trauma or fears of intimacy? (You are welcome to provide details, but it isn’t required. Provide as much as you feel comfortable and able)
** This type of touch is soft and slow and if you have sensory sensitivities which make soft touch uncomfortable, this likely won’t be for you. If the sensitivities are potentially due to trauma/heightened nervous system, and you’d like to work through them, we can do that.
Cost: $187.50/ session. Each session is 1.5 hrs and registration requires a minimum of 3 ($562.50 total)
If you’re a returning client who has worked with me in any other capacity (counselling, bodysex etc.) there is no other prerequisite for booking. If you’re new to me as a client, you need to book 1 session to go over what your concerns are and what you’re hoping to get from Body awakening. This initial session will also help you get a sense of me and begin to establish trust in this intimate setting. Session fee is $110.
What have people who’ve experienced body awakening with me, gained from this?:
• Pleasure, pleasure, pleasure!
• Ability to obtain and sustain an erection with another person when previously had difficulty/unable
• Increased sensation in their whole body
• Increased arousal
• Learning to slow down and feel
• Ability to sustain arousal using breathing techniques and delay ejaculation
• Increased body confidence
• Feelings of surrender, bliss, spiritual connection
• Understanding in what their body optimally needs to achieve and sustain arousal and how to do that with a partner
• Gained understanding in how to touch others in ways that support relaxation and pleasure
• Self-awareness, presence
• Use of breath as a tool to support, sustain and move pleasure as well as for self-regulation in other areas of life
• Increased tolerance for stress. Widened capacity. Less edgy.
• Feeling of being open
• Decrease in tension
“You’re teaching me how to feel pleasure. I didn’t know I could feel it with my mind too. My mind, body and soul.”
“Its crazy how good it feels when you become okay with being naked with someone”
“You have made my life so much more positive!! I really mean that!! What you and I have worked on for me to build my confidence back!”
“This was a very spiritual session. Thank you so, so much”
“Even my arms feel so good!”